Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Social Life Survival Tip 101!

Today while hanging out in the mall, I bumped into an old acquaintance. We exchanged "Hi"s and "Hello"s. Then suddenly, he introduced to me a little kid that he was pushing on a stroller.

Friend: "This is Mark. Say hi, Mark." (*name was changed to protect identity)
Me: "He's so cute! Is he your little brother?"
Friend: "Dude! He's my kid!"

and then.. awkward silence... :|

For someone who is a self-proclaimed expert observer, I really didn't see the clues! Like um.. why would a girl his age and a guy his age who look nothing like each other do with a kid on a stroller? Hahaha!


Another experience would be one of my sisters was thought to be my brother.. Hmm.. This was quite acceptable I guess 'cause she kinda looked like this:



But one time my dad was thought to be my mother's SON.. 


Mom and Dad
How do you even react to something like that??? Am I blind or is that person just on crack? Let's just say good thing I wasn't there when this happened!


This happens to a lot of people so Social Life Survival Tip: When your friend introduces someone to you, just ask "How are you two related?" or just shut up and smile! :)


P.S. I wouldn't mind if somebody asks me if Katie Holmes is my sister. :p

3 comments:

  1. good observation! next time be more sensitive :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. what did your mom say?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! My dad didn't tell me. All I know is.. He ended the story there with a smile on his face. Haha! Kidding!

    ReplyDelete